Wednesday 4 July 2012

DIY Studding!!!!



If you hadn't guessed already, the origin of my name 'Style Studette' comes from the fact that I do have a little obsession with with Studs on my apparel and shoes.  My boyfriend thinks I have issues, but he also thinks i'm crazy because I own over 60 pairs of shoes, so i think I'll avoid his style advice!  Over the last two/three years studding has become massive with designers such as Balmain, Burberry, Versace to name but a few all embracing the trend.  Even on the high street Topshop has had pieces customised with the 'metal bling'.   

The fact is that a studded leather jacket, shorts, boots can make a ordinary day time outfit look unique and different.  But even on the high street and in small boutiques, it is hard to get hold of these items as they sell out quickly, plus they are always on the the pricier side.

Hence why I started customising my own.  I just took items that I already had, such as my leather jacket, and put the on the shoulders.  It takes a little bit of time, but it is so so easy and trust me once you start you'll become addicted! I also took it a step further adding safety pins to a suit jacket as well as studs.  I'm especially proud of this item.  It was a couple of nights work, but well worth it, as it is such a statement and unique piece!
I buy all my studs from www.studsandpunks.co.uk and my safety pins from first4numbers, as I found these are the cheapest places.  However remember to check out your local haberdashery store or market stall to get some other great customising items!




(All images belong to Style Studette-Megan Thompson. Please ask permission before using. Thankyou!)

1 comment:

  1. I just love DIY posts!

    Txx

    http://www.fantasticfunfashion.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete